Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Power of the Vitamix!


So I have been going to Costco for a number of years, and one of the highlights of my visits is the Vitamix demonstrations going on occasionally. I've been very tempted to purchase one of these machines, and finally decided to do so this weekend. I suppose after watching the hot tortilla soup and fruit sorbets being created in minutes multiple times, I was pretty convinced that this would be a good asset to our kitchen! So after taking the plunge, this is our first very simple Vitamix inauguration....the Mango Lassi! You can probably make this with any old blender, but for some reason it tasted creamier and frothier coming out of the Vitamix than any blender I have ever used! I will be posting more of my vitamix creations in the near future:) This version is much healthier than traditional mango lassi that one can find in an indian restaurant, often made with heavier cream/coconut milk. Mango has lots of iron too!

Ingredients:

Pulp of one ripe mango
3/4-1 cup 2% Milk
1 tbsp creamed honey
3-4 almonds or cashews
1/2 cup ice

Order of operations:
1) Add pulp
2) Add honey
3) Add milk
4) Add nuts
5) Add ice

Start with lowest setting and work your way up to highest setting (10) on variable with the machine. Continue blending until lassi is of desired consistency.

Results: Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment